Monday, July 7, 2014

Boston Alex Hyer





I just want to write a quick little birth story about our new little man because I'm laying here in the hospital bed wide awake & wanna remember the way it all happened! I'll rewind a week from now tho...we have a had a c-section scheduled for a good month because I effaced 70% and was not changing one bit. The same thing happened with Masons labor, so we scheduled just incase. 4 weeks passed and I didn't change at all. We scheduled for Monday the 7th and on my final visit the Tuesday before Noorda asked if I wanted to maybe do Sunday if it worked out & of course we said yes! I had been begging to be even earlier for a very long time! On Friday we got a call from Noorda and he told us he was on call so if we wanted it was a go! Next thing we know Sunday is here! We got to the hostpital at 9 and got my iv started and by 11 was in the back getting my spinal block. 11:46 we heard his first cries and got to see our handsome little boy!! 

I'm not gonna lie, even tho I had a c-section before I was nervous! Especially to have a spinal block while not being in labor & pain. Nic held my hands & it wasn't easy but wasn't as bad as I expected. It all happened so fast from there. I'll just write the comparisons of Masons & Bostons birth. 
Mase:
•I was so scared they had to give me extra meds so I wouldn't panick 
•I was so out of it from the meds I couldn't hold Mase after 
•they took him & dad out while I got stitched up cause his blood sugar was low
•in recovery for 45 min I was in and out of sleep, shaking bad & worried
•I got 10 min with him before they took him to the nicu & didn't see him for hours in between 
•bottle fed from first feeding & he wouldn't nurse 

Boston 
•I was totally alert & when id get nervous & panick the anthestisioligst was awesome & would talk to me and didn't wanna dope me up 
•I was able to watch Nic help with him & Hold him as long as I wanted, Boston never left our side & Nic never had to leave mine
•in recovery I got to do immediate skin to skin & nurse him for the first time 
•I got brought up to a room so much faster & have had him with me the whole time 
•lots more freedom, baby second time round is so much easier going with the nurses! 

Overall, the differences between the 2 births is night & day!! I was so nervous from the previous experience but this was a breeze. I totally loved it & look forward to more in the future if they all go this way! A planned c-section is was better than emergency & not having to be in labor all day helps! I love this little boy so so much!! He's a miracle we tried for quiet Awhile & I adore him! 
Mason adores him. 


I can't wait until tomorrow when I'm unhooked from all of these ivs & crap so I can get around better & get mason up here to hold him again. 
Boston is perfect. 
Mason is perfect. 
I would not change one thing about our lives to get these awesome boys here & we're so thankful they chose us ;)