Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Endometriosis.....blah!!!!

Warning, this is kind of a rant!! So time to get all personal on here because I use this basically as a journal to keep track of the big things that go on in our life. 3 years ago I had surgery because we found out I had Endometriosis
*Endometriosis is a female health disorder that occurs when cells from the lining of the womb (uterus) grow in other areas of the body. This can lead to pain, irregular bleeding, and problems getting pregnant (infertility).

*Symptoms:

•Painful periods
•Pain in the lower abdomen before and during menstruation
•Cramps for a week or two before menstruation and during menstruation; cramps may be steady and range from dull to severe)
•Pain during or following sexual intercourse
•Pain with bowel movements
•Pelvic or low back pain that may occur at any time during the menstrual cycle
*Treatment:
•Medications to control pain

•Hormone medications to stop the endometriosis from getting worse
•Surgery to remove the areas of endometriosis or the entire uterus and ovaries
So basically while I was on birth control the pain was mild, but I have been off of it since the end of September hoping to get pregnant & the pain has gotten worse & worse, I went in for a check up because we were really hoping to get pregnant soon & Dr Noorda & I decided it'd be the best option to get the surgery again to remove as much of the Endometreosis as possible so I can hopefully get pregnant soon. We know it has worked before because a month after I had the last surgery we found out Mason was on his way & we weren't ready for him at that point.
Last Monday was the most frustrating day ever! I had surgery scheduled at 9:15 am & was glad it was in the morning so we could get it over with & be home. They call me the night before & reschedule to 1:15...frustrating but it'd work. They call at 11 & change it again to 2:15. We got there, I was taken back, got the IV, my pain medicine kicked in so I was feeling pretty good! They didn't take me back to surgery until 4:15...we finally got out of there around 8:30 that night, it was the longest day ever! Luckly Nic was able to take work off for 2 days & take care of me! They removed as much of it as possible & so keep your fingers crossed that we will have some good news soon!