Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mason Blake Hyer

So the 12th had come & gone...no baby yet! So on the 20th I went in to get induced, was in labor for 19 hours & the doctors finally decided to do a C-Section...longest day of my life!! But as soon as I could hear him cry & Nic could see him, it was the best feeling!!


I got to hold him for maybe 30 seconds & they took Mason away to clean him off & check him out. They took me to another room for an hour to let all my meds wear off. Nic brought him in for me to hold him & that lasted about 15 min & the nurses had to take him down to the NICU because he had low blood sugar from the long labor. I didn't get to see him the rest of that night & it was hard!

Mason stayed in the NICU until Thursday night & we were able to bring him up to our room. We got to go down and be with him as much as we wanted before that but it was hard because I was recovering from the surgery. So glad Nic was able to stay with me at the hospital every night & be there all day with me, poor guy slept on the worlds smallest couch everynight!
Finally Friday came & we got to take Mason home!! It was Christmas Eve day & Mason was the BEST Christmas present ever!!